Serving our community for over 7 years.
Would you like to join Family Health Care Mackay Ooralea?
Family Health Care Mackay Ooralea is located in the southern region of Mackay.
Bordering lush sugar cane farms, Ooralea is a growing suburb among young families. The Central Queensland University Mackay campus is directly across the street from the clinic. The suburb has four council parks, all with abundant activities for children.
Commonly known as the Mackay-Whitsunday Region, the area is home to approximately 120,000 residents. It is well-known for its relaxed “country meets coast” lifestyle, sugar cane fields, and friendly, down-to-earth locals.
Opportunities for GPs
Family Health Care Mackay Ooralea is part of the Better Medical Group; a doctor-led owner and operator of high-quality general practices across Australia.
We proudly offer high-quality management services and facilities for doctors and passionately believe that primary care needs to be locally focused. That is why our group of practices are locally managed, regionally connected, and centrally supported. Our ethos is simple – to support doctors to provide high-quality care to their patients and local communities.
We support some of Australia’s best GPs, and we pride ourselves on:
- Ensuring the right cultural fit for both the GP and the practice;
- Centralised expertise, including IT, marketing, human resources, and payroll;
- The delivery of excellence in clinical care, underpinned by clinician support of our Clinical Advisory Board;
- Great earning potential for doctors with competitive market rates;
- Enabling doctors to manage and maintain flexible working schedules and promoting independence;
- Providing opportunities for professional development, including the development of specialist skills;
- Our commitment to technological innovation in primary care; and
- Focussing on our people to make sure we’re looking after them.
For more information about Better Medical, please visit www.bettermedical.com.au
Opportunities for Nurses, Allied Health & Admin
High-quality primary health care cannot be delivered without the crucial input and dedication of nurses, allied health professionals, and administration staff.
Therefore, we ensure people in every level and every role have the opportunity for personal and professional success.
For example, we strongly encourage staff to look for opportunities. We back people to deliver new initiatives and reward them for their success. We believe in structured, professional development and always look to promote from within.
Expressions of Interest
If you're interested in practising or working at our clinic, we would be delighted to speak with you. Please submit your expression of interest via our enquiries form, and we’ll be in contact soon.
Looking for other GP Opportunities in Queensland?
Due to high patient demand and long-term GPs retiring, Better Medical currently has GP opportunities at many practices.
Please visit the vacancy listings on the Better Medical website for more information.